As always "it's another day in paradise for me", but Halloween is especially fun. However, I wouldn't be a good insurance agent if I didn't give a few good liability tips too.
Yo u ' v e h e a r d m o s t H a l l o w e e n a d v i c e o v e r a n d o v e r.
- Pack a flashlight for when it gets dark.
- Put reflective tape on children's costumes.
- Check the kid's candy before letting them eat any.
- But what about the risks at your home?
there are a few things you can do to prevent accidents before they happen!
1. Change your lightbulbs. Is your porch light burned out? What about lights along
pathways? Good lightning will help prevent children (and adults) from tripping.
2. Clear hazards. Tree limbs in your yard? A hole you've been meaning to fill? These
are all potential hazards that could cause an injury and subject you to a liability
claim. Clean them up before you have people trick-or-treating at your home!
3. No open flames. While candle filled pumpkins are fun to make, they can be
dangerous too. If you use any open flame candles, make sure they are up high and
away from any loose costume pieces.
And the easiest way to protect yourself? Make sure you have plenty of liability
insurance! Call H. Ray Alkalai today at 612-217-0157 to schedule a free review and
detailed explanation of how we can keep your home and family protected.