The holidays have officially arrived! And for many of us that means shopping, gifting, decorating, partying, and traveling. And a whole lot of it!
Insurance agents are always on the look out for things that might put our clients at risk. That’s why I wanted to share a few quick reminders this month to make sure you avoid any potential claim situations.
1. Be careful with a live Christmas tree. Real trees are beautiful but can be
hazardous. Water your tree daily and turn the lights of at night and when
you won’t be home to avoid a house fire.
2. Don’t leave gifts in your car! A lot of people don’t realize that items in their
car are NOT covered by auto insurance. While property off premises is
covered by home and renters insurance, it is typically subject to a much
higher deductible. If you must leave anything in the car, put it in the trunk
and lock the doors.
3. Traveling out of town? Don’t make it too obvious! Leave lights on in the
house, stop your mail, and leave your number with a trustworthy neighbor
who will keep an eye on your home.
4. Make sure to keep an updated insurance card in your car when you travel.
Not only is it good to have if you get pulled over, but all the information you
need is in one place if you were to have a claim.
5. Received some special jewelry for Christmas? Make sure to call us! We’ll
review all of your options to make sure it is properly covered and protected.
And most important? Have a safe and joy-filled holiday!
Merry Christmas from all of us at Risk and Financial Solutions!
H. Ray Alkalai is a licensed insurance agent at Risk and Financial Solutions in the Twin Cities.
Contact him today for a no-obligation quote on your auto, home, business and life insurance at